Today let’s learn about a chicken gravy recipe that’s cooked in slow cooker. It tastes amazing with mashed potatoes and some red wine.
Prep. Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 6 hours
Total Time: 6 hours 5 minutes
Slow Cooker – 3 quart or larger
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1.74 oz. dry chicken gravy mix (2 packets)
- 10.75 oz. can cream of soup
- 1.5 cups water
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
Gravy thickener if needed:
2 Tbsp. water
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Add the chicken breasts (no need to pre-cook).
- In a small bowl whisk together the gravy mix, cream of soup , water and pepper.
- Pour the gravy mix over the chicken that’s in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low flame for 6-8 hours or on high flame for 4 hours.
- Shred the chicken with two forks within the slow cooker.
- If your gravy is thin from the chicken being too juicy or added veggies, add some cornstarch and water. increase the slow cooker along side the gravy and shredded chicken. Put the lid back on and cook on high flame for 10 minutes longer or until the gravy is thicker.
Can I use a special cut of chicken?
Use these other types of cuts if you desire.
- Bone-in chicken breasts, thighs or drumsticks
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs
If desired add one or more of those additions to the gravy at the start of cook time:
- Herbs like dried thyme or oregano
- Sliced mushrooms
- Sliced onions
- Cooked bacon crumbles
Try one or more of those sides:
- Mashed Potatoes
- White bread
- Vegetables like corn or broccoli
- Stove-top stuffing
- Baked Potatoes