The next time you crave something sweet for the breakfast, try Cinnamon Bananas. It’s similar to Bananas Flambe, but is low in calories. The honey in this recipe enhances the taste of bananas, as caramelizing draws out excess sugar from it. A few spoons of honey and the cinnamon make this recipe delicious and healthy.
This recipe is not only tasty and healthy, but you can now get rid of those slightly overripe bananas sitting on your kitchen counter. Keep in mind that it’s not safe to feed raw honey to babies considering the (rare) risk of Botulism poisoning. Let’s make this recipe!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Calories: 73 cal.
- 2 tsp raw honey
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 large ripe bananas cut into ½-inch slices
- Take honey, cinnamon, nutmeg in a bowl, mix well. Keep the bowl aside.
- Heat a medium skillet, over medium-high heat. Coat it slightly with spray.
- Add banana slices to the skillet, gently stir them for 2 minutes.
- Add the honey mixture and cook gently for 2 minutes, while stirring them continuosly.
- Have it immediately.
This is to be divided into 4 servings.
Per serving values
Sodium 1 mg
Carbs 19 g
Proteins 1 g